Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rodin: Exhibitions. My work! In public!

In 1900 I was having the time of my life, in terms of recognition. At the Paris World Exposition I had one whole pavilion dedicated to showing my work. That's right, one entire pavilion. For me! They showed 168 of my bronze, marble and plaster sculptures, plus lots of drawings and photographs. At the pavilion, visitors could even attend lectures which explained my art technique. I am glad that I had such a wonderful opportunity to let my work touch a wider audience. The World Exposition, being what it is, attracted lots of people from all over the world. That also meant that I became even more famous internationally. My works, already popular, became even more hotly requested and other countries like Japan and Canada began requesting my works for exhibitions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment