Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Han: My First Blog

For those who are reading my blog, I hope you understand what art is to me in the first place.

I've just discovered this place - blogspot - where I can share my thoughts and works with you. It reminds me of my first slolo exhibition, the "Four Dimension", after practicing as a sculptor for more than 10 years. During that time of exploration, young Singaporean artists were eagerly seeking for new art forms.

As what I said, there is no restriction to art. Luckily I manage to find the exact quote of my statement that time:"Post modernism accepts the facts that art does not follow any rigid man-made rules. If the artist says," this is art", then it is art, provided only that the artist can demonstrate a valuable idea or concept. Art needs man to judge and decide whether it is indeed art."

Through the simple forms I created, I believe there is a force inside struggling to get out. They symbolise life.

No comments:

Post a Comment